Senior Tax Manager
Client : Advisory
Location: Santa Rosa (onsite after COVID restrictions)
Are you looking for your next career challenge? Are you a Manager seeking the next level? Our thriving local advisory client is eager to find their next Senior Tax Manager as they continue to grow their practice.
As a Senior Manager in their tax practice, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will oversee tax compliance accounts for general and captive clients.
They are interested in creative, solution-oriented team players who are comfortable working hard, partnering with others as well as working independently.
Generally, what you will do:
• Identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the associate partner/partner, and consult when necessary.
• Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership as well as create a positive and trusting environment
• Provide team guidance and leadership to staff, acting as a counselor to Seniors and Managers
What you will need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, and a minimum of 8 years of relevant tax experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience
• A CPA (or equivalent internationally recognized accounting designation), Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification is required
• Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
• Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training others
• Demonstrated business development skills and a thorough understanding of building client relationships