Location: Fully Remote Nationwide (WFH)
About Beech Valley:
Beech Valley is a technology-based staffing firm that connects top-tier public accountants to highly sought-after freelance consulting opportunities. We’ve curated a network of cutting-edge clients embracing the gig economy.
With project opportunities delivered to your inbox, we help to build your client list. We seek qualified accounting and finance professionals to connect with clients needing your expertise nationwide. These opportunities are remote, career-building projects that match interests, industries, and experience levels.
Beech Valley connects Top Tier accounting professionals to freelance consulting opportunities. We have clients across the United States seeking Senior Fund Accountants.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the Fund's analysis of financial performance, maintenance of the internal control environment, the internal and external audit process, and the treasury function. With over 5+ years of experience, you will collaborate with other Fund Accountants and cross-function experienced professionals. Experience with Investran, DFIN, Confluence, and Reuters One Source is a plus.
- Experienced in working with Fund Portfolio Managers and Controllers, as well as assisting client service and marketing teams in client due diligence meetings, including presenting and answering client questions.
- Understand what Boards want to see in meeting decks and how these should be presented.
- Has exceptional administrative and organizational skills with a proven record of efficient working, multi-tasking, and meeting client deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with Allvue and/or Investran preferred
- Month-end and quarterly NAV, including the pricing, financial reporting, and accounting of the Fund.
- Ownership of the quarterly and annual financial statements process, including preparing and reviewing work.
- Analytically review monthly/quarterly investment and fund performance data to measure historical performance to forecast future fund performance.
- Coordinate and lead the Fund audit process working directly with external auditors to meet necessary reporting deadlines.
- Manage and account for partnership transactions, including completing waterfall and carried interest calculations.
- Manage and account for purchase and sales transactions through their life cycles.
- Ensure that the Fund and its investments are treated in accordance with US GAAP and other local GAAP.
- Produce cash flow, total rate of return, and profitability analysis to support portfolio managers.
- Collaborate with external tax advisors, legal counsel, and third-party administrators. Organize and lead regular check-ins to ensure they are in compliance with agreed-upon responsibilities and are delivering on time and to budget.
- Track tax strategies and ensure appropriate application within the Fund and its investments.
- Lead the identification and implementation of process and system enhancements. Seek to introduce automation and standardization.
- Prepare and monitor covenants and report to management on overall debt position.
Why Beech Valley?
- Flexibility: Accounting and finance professionals who become consultants can accept and reject projects, freeing time to travel, start their businesses, or spend more time with family.
- Compensation: Get paid for every single hour you work.
- Growth: Make an impression as a top advisor at sought-after companies while diversifying your technical skills on new, exciting projects and expanding your professional network.
Experienced professionals love working with us! Our interesting contract positions help professionals that want to spend more time with family, travel the world, or start their own side business, all while making money for every hour they work. So apply to Beech Valley to let us build your list of clients.
If you are available for project work and excited to increase your earning potential, apply today!