About Beech Valley:
Beech Valley connects top-tier accountants to highly sought-after full-time remote opportunities. We're looking for multiple talents with public accounting experience within external audit for clients nationwide needing your expertise.
These are remote or hybrid career-building opportunities with cutting-edge firms embracing the virtual CPA firm format and looking for top performers to join their teams.
The Nonprofit Accounting Consultant will create, analyze, and prepare critical financial reports for the client Organizations. Our client is looking for accountants at the staff level through the CFO level. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Perform the month-end close following the firm's month-end closing checklist.
- Create and analyze management financial reports, including but not limited to:
- Perform the investment reconciliation
- Statement of Activities (Income Statement)
- Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
- Cash Flow Forecast & year-end Operating Forecast
- Budget v. Actual Variance Report
- Prepare footnotes explaining variances against the budget to provide insight and clarity to the reader.
- Prepare and present Board packages for client Finance/Audit/Board meetings.
- Prepare the books for the year-end external audit, including completing the 990-tax questionnaire for the external tax accountants.
- Ensure the Board of Directors reviews the 990-tax return in accordance with the review process laid out in Schedule O of the tax return.
- Working with the HR team, maintaining compliance with tax- and benefit-related regulations, and resolving tax/benefit-related issues (e.g., 1099, work comp audit, Form 5500, etc.).
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures in accordance with client's Quality Management System (QMS).
- Supervise team members.
- Suggest and embrace technology upgrades and new accounting technology tools to create efficiencies for the client.
- Prepare and participate in new engagement start-ups and participate in defining project scope.
- As a team, deliver financial and management reports to the client's Executive Director (or person we report to) each month.
- Provide thought leadership to our clients and actively participate in Client Advisory Service (CAS) meetings with the client engagement team.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years of experience OR 8 years of experience without a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with nonprofit accounting required.
- Experience with project management and/or client management.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Working in multiple work environments.
- Balancing the needs of several clients.
- Working independently as well as collaboratively.
- Grant accounting experience preferred.