About Beech Valley:
Beech Valley connects Top Tier Accountants to highly sought-after full-time remote opportunities. We seek multiple talents with public accounting experience within external audit for clients across the country in need of your expertise.
These are remote or hybrid career-building opportunities with cutting-edge firms that are embracing the virtual CPA firm format and are looking for top performers to join their teams.
Our client is seeking Audit Senior Managers in the Long Island area to join their Manufacturing and Distribution team. This role will focus on serving clients in manufacturing, distribution, retail, shipping, professional services, large corporations, multi-national, and other SEC registrants. This is a hybrid position supporting our client's Long Island office.
- CPA (required)
- Manufacturing & distribution industry experience (required)
- Prior work experience developing and executing audit strategies for the manufacturing & distribution industry (required)
- 8+ years of public accounting experience in audit/assurance (required)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, US GAAS, IAS, and PCAOB standards
- Collaborate to plan audit objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk
- Establish the expectations of the audit team and value of client services to be delivered
- Lead multiple audit engagements at the same time and competing priorities in a fast-paced, interactive results-based environment
- Provide guidance to clients and participate in the performance of audit procedures that impact complex or specialized issue
- Identify accounting and audit risks using US GAAP, IFRS, US GAAS, IAS, and PCAOB auditing standards
- Manage all engagement fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Successfully manage the engagement team against the budget and alter budget if required
- Assist with managing client engagement administrative tasks including staffing, billing & collections, and ensure profitability targets are met
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues to engagement partner as they arise
- Understand clients’ industries and recognize business trends, emerging industry and technical developments and key performance drivers impacting clients’ business
- Participate in the development and professional growth of other audit staff through knowledge sharing, on-site training, timely performance feedback, and other firm initiatives
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients’ and begin to identify opportunities for expanded services
Why Beech Valley?
- Flexibility: Accounting and finance professionals who become consultants can accept and reject projects, freeing time to travel, start their businesses, or spend more time with family.
- Compensation: Get paid for every single hour you work.
- Growth: Make an impression as a top advisor at sought-after companies while diversifying your technical skills on new, exciting projects and expanding your professional network.