About Beech Valley:
Beech Valley is a technology-based staffing firm that connects top-tier public accountants to highly sought-after freelance consulting opportunities. We’ve curated a network of cutting-edge clients embracing the gig economy.
With project opportunities delivered to your inbox, we help to build your client list. We're looking for qualified accounting and finance professionals to connect with clients needing your expertise across the country. These opportunities are remote, career-building projects that match interests, industries, and experience levels.
We are seeking experienced Fund Accountants for hybrid projects around the US. Preferred locations are New York, Dallas, Chicago and Boston. These projects are typically 30-40 hours per week and last around four months long, with the potential to extend.
In this role, you will oversee the Fund's analysis of financial performance, maintenance of the internal control environment, the internal and external audit process, and the treasury function. You will collaborate with other Fund Accountants, and cross-function experienced professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experienced in working with Fund Portfolio Managers and Controllers and assisting client service and marketing teams in client due diligence meetings, including presenting and answering client questions.
- Understand what Boards want to see in meeting decks and how these should be presented.
- Has exceptional administrative and organizational skills with a proven record of efficient working, multi-tasking, and meeting client deliverables
- Experience with Investran, DFIN, Confluence, Reuters One Source
- Experience with Allvue and/or Investran preferred
- Month-end and quarterly NAV, including the pricing, financial reporting, and accounting of the Fund.
- Ownership of the quarterly and annual financial statements process, including preparing and reviewing work.
- Analytically review monthly/quarterly investment and fund performance data to measure historical performance to forecast future fund performance.
- Coordinate and lead the Fund audit process working directly with external auditors to meet necessary reporting deadlines.
- Manage and account for purchase and sales transactions through their life cycles.
- Ensure that the Fund and its investments are treated per US GAAP and other local GAAP.
- Produce cash flow, the total rate of return, and profitability analysis to support portfolio managers.
- Track tax strategies and ensure appropriate application within the Fund and its investments.
- Lead the identification and implementation of process and system enhancements. Seek to introduce automation and standardization.
- Prepare and monitor covenants and report to management on overall debt position.
Why Beech Valley?
- Flexibility: Accounting and finance professionals who become consultants can accept and reject projects, freeing time to travel, start their businesses, or spend more time with family.
- Compensation: Get paid for every single hour you work.
- Growth: Make an impression as a top advisor at sought-after companies while diversifying your technical skills on new, exciting projects and expanding your professional network.