About Beech Valley
Beech Valley is a technology-based staffing firm that connects top-tier public accountants to highly sought-after freelance consulting opportunities. We’ve curated a network of cutting-edge clients embracing the gig economy.
With project opportunities delivered to your inbox, we help to build your client list. We seek qualified accounting and finance professionals to connect with clients needing your expertise across the country. These opportunities are remote, career-building projects that match interests, industries, and experience levels.
We have multiple clients seeking assistance with the SEC listing and reporting process, as well as IPO-related projects requiring consolidation of business unit financials, compilation, review, and filing of external consolidated financial statements, footnotes & disclosures, and corresponding audit and internal control deliverables.
Candidates must be effective at managing multiple engagements at the same time, team members, problem-solving, and guiding the SEC filing process toward final filing.
Both full-time and part-time projects are immediately available, typically 2-3 months long with the potential to extend.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of audit experience with a Big 4/National Firm with greater than 50% of time spent on SEC reporting clients
- High degree of knowledge of GAAP and technical accounting rules
- Working knowledge of Regulation S-K and S-X
- Ability to draft, prepare and review Securities Act and Exchange Act filings
- Strong technical accounting experience and experience writing technical white papers
- Resident of the United States
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Closely aligned with team and real-time with engagements to keep timing on track and be able to interface with team members and be a participant in any potential problem solving and guiding the SEC filing process toward final filing
- Manage multiple workstreams, including the SEC process, outside parties, and the various team members assigned to the engagement
- Research and draft memos on technical accounting issues for compliance
Why Beech Valley?
- Flexibility: Accounting and finance professionals who become consultants can accept and reject projects, freeing time to travel, start their businesses, or spend more time with family.
- Compensation: Get paid for every single hour you work.
- Growth: Make an impression as a top advisor at sought-after companies while diversifying your technical skills on new, exciting projects and expanding your professional network.