About Beech Valley:
Beech Valley is a technology-based staffing firm that connects top-tier public accountants to highly sought-after freelance consulting opportunities. We’ve curated a network of cutting-edge clients embracing the gig economy.
With project opportunities delivered to your inbox, we help to build your client list. We seek qualified accounting and finance professionals to connect with clients needing your expertise across the country. These opportunities are fully remote, career-building projects that match interests, industries, and experience levels.
Our clients are seeking Seniors and Managers with SALT experience to deliver a full range of State and Local Tax services, including tax return preparation and review, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, technical advice, and counseling clients in defending against state audits.
- Public accounting or corporate and public accounting experience
- 3+ years experience (for senior level)
- 5+ years experience (for manager level)
- State income/franchise/indirect tax experience mandatory
- CPA or JD/LLM required for manager level
- Permanent resident of the United States
- Authorized to work in the United States
Ideal candidates also have
- Proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, and combined state tax returns
- Provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients
- Conduct a primary or secondary review of complicated SALT returns
- Manage multi-state reviews that analyze income, sales and use, ad valorem, payroll, and franchise taxes to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures to reduce client tax burdens
Why Beech Valley?
- Flexibility: CPAs who become consultants can accept and reject projects, freeing time to spend with family, travel, or start their own business.
- Compensation: Get paid for every single hour you work
- Growth: Make an impression as a top advisor at sought-after companies while diversifying your technical skills on new, exciting projects and expanding your professional network.